Friday, January 23, 2009

Every Year......


Every year, my poor Sierra seems to get jipped on her birthday one way or another!! This year, it was the blog post. I was able to do everyone else's birthday post on their birthday except Sierra. Her birthday is December 30th, and well, with all the hullubaloo of the holidays, it just kinda gets pushed back. She did get her birthday present early, though, so I think that makes up for a late post. She got a new Nintendo DS just like the other older 3. She was so excited to get it early, because that meant that she could use it on the plane to Vegas.

Sierra is my uber smart, uber inquisitive kid! In 1st grade, she was reading at a 5th grade level and completely understanding what she was reading. If she wants to know about something she is NOT afraid to ask, and she won't stop asking until she gets an explanation or some kind of answer. There are so many nights that Thomas will go in to tuck the girls in and an HOUR later I have to go in and break up the deep converstation going on. Right now, she is reading The Lord Of The Rings Series. She even asked for the set for Christmas. How many 11 year olds have you heard asking for that for Christmas?? I'm guessing...not many! I love that she loves to learn, and I hope that she won't quit. She told me last Summer, that she really, really wants to go to Harvard. If I know Sierra, she'll be there!! (Guess I better start-a-saving!)

Here are some things that I love about Sierra.....

- She is the BESTest friend anyone could ask for! She is so compassionate and loving!
- She won't take NO for an answer.....sometimes this can be hard on me, but in other areas it makes me extremely proud!
- She has a strong will to choose the right.
- She is beautiful!
- She is an excellent artist, both in her writing and in her drawing.
- She is a GREAT sister!
- She loves ME!

So...Happy Birthday Sierra!! We LOVE you!! Keep being the wonderful person you are!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Sierra!!! Jamie, you have such a cute family! High five on being such a great mom!

Steph said...

What a great post about your Sierra! What a cutie she is growing up to be :) Happy Bday Sierra!