Sunday, September 7, 2008

Okay...Okay...

I feel like the only one I ever write about is Marina. I know she's cute and all, but I do have other children in this house!! (She is just the only one here with me all day!) So, I thought that I would update everyone with all the other kiddos!!!

Aspen - A couple of weeks ago, she came to me with a paper that she got from school. It was a permission slip for her to join the Cross Country team. I kinda chuckled at her and asked, "Do you know what Cross Country is?" She looked at me and said, "Something to do with running, I think!" Then I about lost it! I finally told her it had EVERYTHING to do with running. She decided she wanted to try it out. She has been doing awesome! Every time she comes home from practice, she says, "I was first again!" She is also doing really well with her grades. She got a bit behind last year, so she has been really proud of all the A's she has been bringing home. I think our threat to not allow her to babysit with low grades is helping!! I can't believe that next month she won't be in Primary anymore. Man, I'm getting old!!

Sierra - Sierra is definitely our academic over achiever, which I love about her. I took her out one on one before school started to get her some clothes, and she informed me that she really wanted to go to Harvard. WOW! So, I gave her the whole "okay, you gotta start now, and focus on this and this and this." It won't surprise me a bit when she gets accepted there someday. Guess I better start-a-saving!! Here in Indiana they have state wide testing to make sure that the kids are learning what their supposed be learning. (You know, that whole No Child Left Behind thing) Well, I guess her class had to write a paper off the tops of their heads. She came home and said that the teacher made her read it in class, and told her that she got a 6 on it. I asked her if that was good, and she said a 6 was the highest they could get. Go Sierra!

Harley & Ryker aka Bonnie & Clyde - Man alive...these two...I don't even know what to say! They are both doing really well in school. Both have been passing their spelling tests with ease. I don't even have to practice much with them. It's the after school part I'm worried about! Here in Indiana, hardly anyone has fences in the backyards. So, what does that mean to them....free range! No matter how many times I tell them, just because there isn't a fence keeping you out, doesn't mean you can go in. They are constantly over in the fields, playing with the neighbors dogs in the neighbors property, getting muddy in the ditch, playing around in the new home construction, going WAY down around the corner to play with new friends in the neighborhood without telling us, hmmmm...I could go on & on!! That's not even mentioning catching tons of frogs everyday, just to play with them to DEATH. (Oh yeah...that's no exaggeration either!) They sure do keep me hoppin'! I'm sure someday, I'll look back fondly on their antics, but as for right now, I just might have to lock them up! That reminds me...today was their last day of a weeks grounding...I'm in trouble!!!

I'm so lucky to be a Mom to these great kids!! We miss everyone that we are apart from, and can't wait to be in Vegas for Christmas!! Have a great week!!

6 comments:

familiesarepriceless said...

Great Job Aspen. Keep it up cause you will do good at anything you do. Seirra stay focused and you will do it!! You are to smart for words. love you girls and can't wait to see you.

. said...

You have other kids? I almost forgot! Just kidding...great update on them and it is exciting to hear how well things are going. I bet you are happy to be coming to warm Las Vegas for Christmas.

Steph said...

Whata fun update on the other kids! :) It is so nice to know that you guys are doing so well after your decision to move. we miss you guys but we are glad that things are going so well!

Steph said...

I never knew you were adopted! Are any of your other siblings adopted as well?

Jamie G. said...

Yes,my older brother was!

trayci said...

thanks for the update! love those kids - give 'em hugs and kisses for me. i'm totally looking forward to christmas so that i can see you guys again. it'll be fun!!!