Friday, April 25, 2008

Zhujaijaio, China

Sorry, it's been a few weeks since my last China post.

This slide show has all the pictures from a little water town outside of Shanghai...Zhujaijaio. (pronounced Jew-Jow-Jow) This was probably my 2nd favorite place, right behind The Great Wall. It was the neatest little town. It has over 1300 years of history. A lot of the Temples and bridges were well over 600 years old! I really liked that even though it was a "tourist" type place, everyone that was there, really does live there. This is their home! Of course, everyone had to stop and look at the kids, and take pictures. The girls thought it was kinda fun at first, but after awhile it got to be overwhelming. We rode in a Chinese gondola, went to an ancient post office, walked around a traditional Chinese garden, and shopped in the old town market. It was educational and fun! I'm so glad we got to see this wonderful place!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

So cancel the e-mail I sent you because I found you! Seriously - you went to China- that's forever away. Looks like a lot of fun!!