Friday, November 30, 2007

"That's Just a Guy Dressed Up!"

So, I was talking to Ryker and Harley today about wanting to go to the Children's Museum this weekend, to go to the Jolly Days there. I started telling them about all of the cool stuff that was there. There is a Yule Slide, which is a slide that goes from the 2nd floor down to the 1st floor. You "sled" down it as if you were on real snow!!

Ryker," AWESOME!"
Harley," I don't like big slides."

I went on to tell them that there would be Ice Fishing, where we could pretend to ice fish. There was also going to be a place set up to make your own ornament!

Ryker & Harley," COOL!"

AND....Santa will be there!!!

Ryker," YESSSSSSS!" (At the same time he does that "cha ching" move with his arms)

Harley," That's just a guy dressed up!"

Me....."Oh Crap!!" (Silently, of course)

I wait a few moments to see what she says.......

Harley," Santa is in the North Pole and can't come here, he's too busy!!"

Me," WHEW!!" I go on to ask her if Santa has helpers.

Harley,"Well, yeah, the Elves....but there at the North Pole too."

Me...."Oh, so these guys that dress up, do they help Santa?"

Harley," Yeah!! That's how he finds out what we want!!"

Me, "Cool!"

Whew...that was a close one!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it!!! That is too cute!!

Kris said...

So funny!

I'm getting worried about Spencer figuring things out. I need to be more careful!

Anamarie said...

That was classic Jamie! I dont know if there will be a Santa at our ward Christmas Party, we'll see I guess. There for sure won't be one at Gary and Nelda's ward since Thomas is gone hee hee.

Jamie G. said...

Well, she also said,"Remember, Mom, one of our Uncles dressed up last year?? I think...but I don't remember which one." I was totally giggling on the inside, since I knew she was talking about Thomas playing Santa at Gary & Nelda's ward!!