Saturday, September 29, 2007

Show & Tell


Aspen's Social Studies class is learning about Native Americans. Well, who did she volunteer to come in and teach them more? Thomas, of course! It was fun to see how the kids reacted to Thomas and his outfit. When Thomas was walking down the hall, the kids would just stop and stare with their mouths wide open. He was only supposed to take 10-15 minutes, but the kids couldn't stop asking him questions, so he ended up taking about 35-45 minutes. The teacher was so impressed that she wants him to come back and do a presentation for the rest of her classes!

6 comments:

Anamarie said...

That is so cool! Glad to know he is able to keep that up. Did he sing or dance or just talk about them?

Jamie G. said...

He did sing...but he forgot his drumstick. Which ended up being a good thing, cause it would have been way too loud and interrupted the other classes. So he just lightly tapped the drum with his hand.

Faggo said...

THAT'S where my breastplate went!!!
some indian guys called me and wanted me to dance but I couldn't find my breastplate J/K XD
He looks good I was wondering how he was able to get work off for that?

Jamie G. said...

Thomas said you sold your breastplate, this one is his. As far as getting off of work...he just asked! He didn't even use any personal time for it and still got 55 hours last week!

Erin said...

Wow, what a nice dad! And I'm impressed you were BOTH able to be at the school for it...that's such a hard thing when you've got other little ones but you want to be at one of your other kids' classes... And I'm sure the teacher appreciated him taking MORE time! Your kids are all SO CUTE...I read your blog from time to time (sorry I haven't commented before now:-)--I love reading about life outside of Vegas!!!

Amanda said...

How cool is he! I bet Aspen had a huge perma grin on her face when Thomas showed up. What a lucky girl!!!