Thursday, September 13, 2007

Autumn Has Arrived Early!

I can't believe how much cooler it is here. The last 2 days when I put the kids on the bus it was 50 degrees. Yikes, isn't that like colder than the high temps for Vegas in the winter? It warms up during the day, to about 80 degrees, so I am not complaining at all. I love this weather. It is just going to get really interesting in the next month or so. The corn fields are starting to turn gold, and the orchards are gearing up for the harvests. I can't wait to take the kids to go and pick apples and pumpkins. There are a couple of farms here that let you come and pick your own produce. They also have fun things for the kids to do. You can climb the big Hay Mountain, or go through the corn mazes, and go for a hay ride. I can't wait!!

Happy Harvest!

6 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Shut up!!!!!

Andrea said...

I am so jealous!! I wish we lived in that type of weather!!

Anamarie said...

Lucky! (with a sigh like Napolean Dynamite)

Kris said...

Ahh, that makes me miss Nebraska so much. I loved the huge pumpkin fields that you could wander through picking that perfect pumpkin. And the huge corn mazes after the harvesting is through. So fun for the kids! Love it!

Amanda said...

I'm not jealous or anything...how fun does that sound!!! I feel like since you've moved there you've done more fun stuff then I've done in my lifetime!!!

Jamie G. said...

I think I have done more stuff here, than I've done in MY lifetime in Vegas!! Fun, Fun!!