Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We Made It!

Well, for those of you who don't know, Thomas is the new Elder's Quorum President in our ward here in Indy. What exactly does that mean for me? It means that I have the wonderful task of getting all 5 kids up, ready and to church by 9 am, because Thomas has to be in meetings at 7:15 am. (He actually leaves at 6 am, though, because he has to catch a ride with Trent who has a meeting at 6:15 am.) Now by up and ready I mean, waking up,(which is funny because every other day of the week they are up so darn early), feed them breakfast, do the girls hair,(remember now that I have 4 girls), dress them in nice clothes that match and are appropriate,(I can't believe how hard that is getting to be), shoes found and put on, get the sacrament "keep them busy & quiet bag" together, and get myself presentable!! (I think that's it! There is always something that comes up, though) Did I mention that our building is about 15-20 minutes away from our house? So, my goal is to have everyone heading out to the car at 8:30 am. That way, by the time we load up and drive away we should have plenty of time to get there and get a good seat. (By good seat, I mean a middle bench in the back row. You know, because the redhead usually has to go out a few times.) So anyways, back to my bragging...We Made It!! Not only did we get there on time, we got there early! 8:45 am to be exact. Now, I am not getting my hopes up, because I know that this will probably not happen every week, but it sure is a good start, if I must say so myself!

4 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Dang, good job!! Congrats to Thomas! Did you get put in the nursery like you wanted?

Jamie G. said...

Nope. You know what Thomas is, and I am the Activity Days Leader. There are only 6 girls that are age 8-11, so it will be a small, fun group. 2 of the girls are mine. Tonight is our 1st AD, the girls are way excited because they haven't had it for about 6 months! It'll be lots of fun!

Anamarie said...

good for you Jamie. Tyler doesn't even have meetings in the morning and we don't make it on time:-(

barlows said...

I am impressed! The million dollar question is how did you end up looking. Sometimes I look down the pew and think how cute my kids are and then look down at my un-ironed dress and feel my pony-tailed hair. Mothers are so giving, huh, even of their presentability :)