Monday, August 20, 2007

Does God own a fire hose???

Well, we just had the biggest rain/thunderstorm I have ever seen! I went into CVS to get Ryker's prescriptions at around 3pm. It was of course daylight when I went in, but when I came out about 15 min. later, it looked like it was around 8 or 9pm. (which is dusk around these parts!) Pretty much as soon as I buckled Marina into her car seat it started to rain. Now, I don't mean rain drops either. It was like God was up in heaven with a fire hose hooked up to a fire hydrant and had it pointed right at the car. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen, let alone drove in. We had our trash bags out to the curb, and it wasn't flooding, but the rain and wind were so powerful that it was carrying the bags swiftly down the street. It looked like they were hydroplaning down the street.

When I got home, I had to just sit in the car for another 35-45 minutes 'cause I couldn't, or wouldn't, get out in that mess. Plus, the kids were coming home from school, so I drove 5 houses down and picked them up. Oh, and you know how in Las Vegas when there is lightning, you count until you hear the thunder? Well, the thunder and lightning were simultaneous!! And they were the loudest cracks of thunder ever! Then the neighbor came out, and I told her this was crazy, and she said, "Oh, this is nothing!!"

The cutest thing ever was when the kids got home, Harley said," My panties are wet! I was wearing pants! How did my panties get wet?" Her hair is so curly here, especially on days like these where it humid and rainy.

By the way, there were tornadoes up in the Northwest side of town last night. They ripped up big trees and tore siding off of houses. This was about 30-40 minutes from where we are.

At least I don't have to water the lawn today!!

4 comments:

Anamarie said...

(tyler says) GEE?? ever wonder WHY I don't want to go anywhere any time soon???
Massive rain storms, tornados, snow, freezeing rain, humidity. HA!! you can keep it all. I can handle HEAT for a couple of months out of the year;)

Jamie G. said...

A couple of months?? Last time I counted March-October was 8 months!! I didn't say that it wasn't fun or cool. It was actually pretty fun! All I meant by writing about it was that I had never seen a storm like that. Stop being so...so...OH, so like you!! Quit making excuses and get out here!!

VivaLasFloyds said...

That's sounds just like in South Carolina where I grew up. Get use to it!! If it makes you feel better, it's 9:30pm and still over 100 degrees outside!

Stac said...

Oh my goodness! Talk about kids growing so fast!! Last I remember you just had Aspen and Sierra and they were little. Time really flies. I am glad you found my blog and thanks for leaving a comments. Any contact with any of the Neels is always great! I love love love your family! Good luck in Indiana!