Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Fall!


The weather here has been so nice the last week or so. I'm not sure if I'm ready for Winter, but I do love Fall. The leaves are starting to change, and there is just that crispy smell in the air. I just love it! Our ward has a little playgroup that tries to get together once a week or every other week. Today, we went to the Fall Festival at Waterman's Farm. I just had Marina and 3 other little ones that I watch. I think Marina liked that none of her older siblings got to come. It was our little secret, and she kept it! She didn't tell anyone else that we were going. So funny! Here are a few pics. I didn't get too many because I was holding a baby for most of these. (I think I did pretty well, if I must say so myself!!) We got to go on a hayride out to the pumpkin patch where the kids got to pick out their own pumpkin. Marina had to make sure that she got one with a good stem so she could carve it like an elephant. Grandpa Jim taught them that a few years ago, and it has stuck! They only try to find ones now with long curvy stems. She kept telling everyone that she found an elephant one, but nobody understood what she was talking about! Anyways, it was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to get back there and go again with all the other kids. Next stop....apple picking!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh how I miss Waterman's...and playgroup1 Looks like a great day!

trayci said...

so fun! i hope you'll share the finished product with us when the 'elephant' pumpkin gets carved.