Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Pre-School

Marina had a blast today at pre-school. One of the moms that I babysit for has a daughter that goes to the same pre-school, (that's how I heard of it) so Marina caught a ride with her and her daughter this morning. This mom has actually volunteered to take Marina every Tuesday and Thursday for me since she has to take her daughter anyway on her way to work! I'm so grateful to her for that! Then Marina came home on the pre-school bus. The owners of the pre-school were so nice that when they heard that I babysit 4-5 babies & toddlers every day, they said that they could drop her off on their way back from picking up the morning kindergartners that they have to pick up. The pre-school is on the same main road right outside of subdivision. I am super grateful to them as well. This saves me from having to load up 4-5 babies into their car seats, get them out to get Marina, buckle them back in to go home, and then take them back in to the house! Whew...that made me tired just thinking about it!

She couldn't stop talking about it, and had to call Grandma and let her know how her first day went. She traced her name today without any extra help. The owners went ahead and put her in the 4 year old class, even though the cutoff here is Sept 1st. (Marina's Bday is Sept. 3rd) Her teacher wrote me note that said she kept up well with the 4 year old class. I'm so excited for her to make some new friends and get to have a couple of days out of the house and away from all the babies that I watch. I really think it was starting to bother her to have to hang out with a bunch of babies all day everyday!

Anyways, just wanted to share this fun moment in Marina's life!!





If you can blow up the last picture, you can see how she traced her name! It's actually really good!

7 comments:

Stac said...

your kids are adorable. and I just read your comment on Sarah's blog about getting pregnant with an IUD. Please tell me that can't happen. PLEASE!!

Andrea said...

So much fun!! I can't believe how big she is getting!! I am so excited to get to see everyone in a couple of months!

julie said...

She reminds me so much of my little one. Adisynn will turn 4 on September 10. Shes the youngest of everyone in her class too. Such a fun and cute age. I am about ready to cut off Adisynn's hair too. It gets to be too much work. If I don't chicken out!!! Marina's hair is so darling short. Cute little girl!!

Steph said...

I can't believe she is old enough to go to pre-school! I still remember her as barely walking :) She looks so cute and sassy with her short hair! I love it.

Janelle said...

I can't believe how big your children are! Marina is huge and so cute! As are your other kids. How are things in Indiana? I'm glad you found my blog, it is fun to catch up with you!

. said...

What a cutie! The kids grow up so fast and it sounds like she is going to have some terrific opportunities in pre-school! She looks a lot like you, has she always?

Jamie G. said...

I don't know who she has looked like! All my kids kinda have their own look, so it's hard for me to say! LOL