Sunday, June 15, 2008

What am I going to do with this cutie?

As most of you know, Marina is our baby. Let me emphasize that...Marina is our baby!! She really does get away with a lot more than the older kids. Probably just because I'm tired by the time I get to her. Well, bedtime is getting to be a real hassle. She really feels like she should not have to go to bed at all! So, Thomas and I are usually going in 2, 3...10 times before we can get her to settle down.

Last week, she really made me laugh. I was in there for the umpteenth time, laying down next to her and she was stroking my hair, and telling me how she needed more hugs and kisses. I mentioned to her that I needed to go get ready for bed, and that I was going to leave because she really needed to go to sleep. Her answer to that....

"But mommy, I'm not finished with you yet!"

I couldn't help myself. I started laughing, and, well then, she started laughing. So, needless to say, she didn't get to bed anytime soon after that. I mean, how could I resist that!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

That's so sweet! It is hard to resist (sometimes). I'm more of a grouch at bed time :)

. said...

Like Steph said it is sooooo hard to resist those too cute comments from the kids. I end up falling asleep in there with them!

Amanda said...

That is soooooo cute!!! Those are the tender times I feel like I can really appreciate my kids. It's always nice to know how much you are wanted!!!