Thursday, February 7, 2008

Can I please catch a break?

I have been sick for more than 2 weeks. It all started with a hacking cough. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours at a time because I wake up coughing so bad and can't stop! No other symptoms, just coughing. I tried cough syrup to no avail, so I have just had to put up with it. My ribs hurt!

Then about a week into the coughing spells, I get a UTI. It got so bad that I actually went to the ER because I started freaking out a little bit over one of the symptoms that I will not reveal as it is probably TMI. So, I get the antibiotic and go on my way. Now, mind you, I have had kidney stones in the past, so when I was talking to the doctor he kept asking me if I had pain in my back, as that would indicate more stones. To tell the truth, I have had pain in the kidney area of my back ever since I had my gallbladder out 3 years ago, but, of course, that particular day...no pain! So, he sends me on my way and says, if I get a fever and the pain comes back that I should probably come back. Guess what....the pain came with a vengeance about 3 days later. Now, since I have had stones in the past, I know what it feels like. This is NOT the same. So, now, I am debating whether to go see a doctor now, 5 days before I leave for China, or wait till I get back. Hmmmm...I think I'll wait. I've put up with it this long, I guess I can wait another couple of weeks.

So, I start feeling better from the UTI, and here's come the reason for the title....I wake up this morning completely congested! Come on...Can I please catch a break? I have been resting and resting for the last 2 weeks, knowing full well, I need to get on a plane for 15 hours next week. I have been trying so well to get better and I just can't catch a break. Just my luck! Oh, and if you're still wondering about the coughing....it hasn't stopped. It isn't as severe, but I still wake up coughing 3 or 4 times a night, and if I get talking too much, I start coughing so bad.

Oh...and while I'm on trying to catch a break....Have you heard about the worst snow storm in 50 years happening in China??? Yep, of course this would happen in the few weeks prior to our once in a lifetime trip we have planned! Oh well, it is my mission that Aspen and Sierra have the most fun and educational trip of their lives!! Nothing, not even a little snowstorm can distract me from that goal. Aspen, Sierra and I leave Tuesday night for Chicago and fly out Wednesday morning for Shanghai!

Come on now...Can I PLEASE catch a break?!?

5 comments:

. said...

When it rains, it pours. The silver lining to all of this is that you are getting all the sickness out now so you can enjoy your trip - which sounds like a blast!!!! Click your heels together and say, "I will get better. I will get better. I will get better!"

julie said...

Wow!! What an awesome experience to be able to take your daughters to China. What better way to educate them about other cultures than to actually take them there. How fun!! Have a great and safe trip and hope you start feeling better very soon.

Anamarie said...

Pack a few bottles of vit.C and cough drops, and use them religiously. Like your life depended on them. That's how I got over mine. Much luck and enjoy China, remember lots of pictures for me:-)

Anamarie said...

Hey, make sure you have Taneil go through her luggage before you all leave for China because we are sending valentine stuff for your kids.

Amanda said...

Girl...you definitely need a break. That is crazy how sick you have been. I love that you're going to China. I can't wait to see pictures!!!